PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reapplying for cadet
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2004, 10:06
::Joey::1985620

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingmoggy:
It is really exciting to see how this post progresses. It started off with your situation and a request for an opinion, than turn into you little show and tell.
As an observer, the "provokative and hostile replies" started with your rather irresponsible comments, such as the age issue.

I'm especially annoyed with
did i say "near" 0 or "is" 0? please i don't want to go through an english lesson with people, only stating that the majority of the cadets are in their mid 20's
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with our english, but "near" 0 and "is" 0 makes not much of a difference; and in case you don't notice, you are rather inconsiderate, afterall this IS a wannabe forum.

You said earlier, you think you got rejected because of the interview part, and that you were too relaxed. Casue by looking at your replies, i could assume that you were a little over self-confident (perhapes cocky at times). Up from the very start, i got this feeling you are trying to PROVE your abilities (ur double degree, graduating from the top high school, a leader not a follower, etc)

Just a side note, although i'm not in the aviation industry yet, I do believe there is no "leader"/"follower" in the cockpit, but there is decision maker. Keep in mind that it's a team, and i would suppose everyone have to right to make a comment/ opinion in any situation, and the captain would decide what to do considering he has the most experience. Consider it SHARING, not exactly "speaking up".

PPRUNE is a great place to get info and to share your experiences. It seems to me that you might be taking our comments a little too personally/ seriously. As far as i know, Flying Bagel and others are just trying to help you out. I'm a design student, and critiques, attackes, etc, has become part of my life, and without a doubt it is part of everyone's life as well. Just take it easy friend.

no hard feelings, it might be your attitute that got you rejected.

Last edited by ::Joey::1985620; 22nd Oct 2004 at 10:19.