PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reapplying for cadet
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2004, 19:11
Flyingmoggy

i think ppl are missing something, when u study at ADL you are getting an Australian PPL, CPL, but because CX sent you there they can transfer your license to a HKCAD on completion, which means while you are in australia you sit the CASA examinations, i dunno if CASA will allow someone with a CASA PPL or CPL to sit the exam again, but from logics your application should not get through, and if anyone was so interested to argue i'll find u CASA's number and you can phone them yourselves. From a political point of view australia and hong kong has no kind of bonds, so what makes you think australian government will let a bunch of people fly around on a hong kong student, PPL, CPL license?

as for Flying Bagel, i have a lot to do shall i get in or not, if i don't get in its a lot simpler, i was on intermission of my degree, i'll just be back at uni finishing off my bachelor of engineering / bachelor of law, which to say the least doesn't leave me in any bad situations, if i get in i actually checked degrees that i can learn long distance, as i have no reliance on my abiliity or conditions to stay as a pilot forever

as for being young doesn't mean i don't have knowledge, thoughts or abilities beyond those older than me, getting in as early as possible will do me more good than harm, for starters i won't have a full time job or some kind of attached relation that could cause dilema towards or into the 30's, and although its not possible to take long distance engineering degree i could take a law or commerce, which fyi if taken in australia i could still be under the government HECS system while having a job with CX and learning somewhere on the other side of the globe

i graudated from the top high school down here in australia and was taught to be a leader not a follower, in this case meaning even if i have to assume and end up getting it wrong its better than sitting back waiting for things to happen and follow, whats wrong could be fixed, but whats passed cannot, and unless one wants to be utterly useless and take no initiative in solving problems one will encounter mistakes, and after all we all learn from mistakes ^^b

being young also has the advantage of greater learning capabilities, i do not know of anyone in the programme nor have i got any info, but i don't think theres a problem to assume that beyond ages of 30 chances of getting into a cadet programme is near 0, anyway if you loved flying that much why would you still be looking for cadetship at 30? and if u didn't desperately need it i think by 30 you should have a fairly stable job and life and unlikely wanting to disturb it

oh i missed something, i\'m not saying you will be exempted from any flying or learning, just saying if you sat any CASA examination and passed it you cannot sit the exam again, but since you are in the program with CX they\'ll probably take you through the whole program and make an internal exam just to check that you still have the knowledge