PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours V's viable experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2004, 15:48
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just to qualify this comment....I have never, and probably will never be an elementary flying instructor.

Easyswimmer..forgive me for getting grumpy at you...Im certain its because im getting old..and I think also because you seemingly have bought into this ill concieved concept that plenty of instructing/flying experience is a bad thing..and doesnt qualify as viable experience. Once again the "sales"(yes thats sim instructors too) people of flight training organisations have put their own spin into the training and experience question. It stands to reason that someone with less requirement to be trained i.e. not ab-initio will be far less an attractive option than say someone with £60000 burning a hole in their pocket.
With all due respect to the CTC's of this world...they simply exist to make a profit..if that means bending the truth..or even spinning a line or too..they will!...its business, they certainly dont exist to further the cause of civil aviation.

Next time you speak to CTC Mr Easyswimmer.....ask them how relevant things would be, should a 300hr pilot be left in a situation having to draw apon their meagre experience of all things aviation related...as the radios fail...the ice begins to build.....and then you lose an alternator...all whilst being in the belly of a CB that was embedded..and not forecast. Ive been there....has the viably experienced pilot been there too?