PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Exemption - Lobby your MP
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2004, 14:38
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

As I understand it, the Xfactor was brought in in the 1970's to try and cover things like overtime and allowances. I am 99% sure there was no mention of Tax so binning Xfactor and paying all you Serving folk a lower wage wouldn't actualy get rid of any cs's as such.

On a personal note I don't think they can pay you enough while your in a war zone. However to pay you danger money would be an addmittace by the MoD that the job was dangerous! - could any of you see Buff or any of his Senior CS's admitting to that in these days of 'who can we sue?' - no! I don't think so.

So the only way for this to go would be to give you all Tax free Salaries whilst outwith the European Union and Britsh dependencies I think loss would be offset by-

1/ The increase in retention - i'm sure a few of you out there would decide to stay in the services. Lowering the cost of Churn in the form of Pensions and training new personel

2/ Doing away with all the allowances - and the beurocrats that administer them

3/ Doing away with a fraction of the Civil servants that administer Tax.

I don't understand how HMG ahs got away with it for so long. I was told that while you were on one of her HMS's - it was effectively british territory and therefore you were subject to britsh tax (I assume its the same for Land/air bases overseas)- But that obviously isn't the case as RFA personell get there wedge untouched by Golden Brown. So a question, Does the NAAFFI manager on the Larger HMS's have to pay Tax???? What constitutes 'British territory' Do the Overseas Diplomats pay tax? Embassy's are regarded as British Territory so they must.

Just some thoughts