PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student's background checks???
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2001, 00:32
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Post Student's background checks???

We had a newspaper reporter ringing up the school today, asking a bunch of nosey questions about what sort of background checks we do on our students before we agree to train them? I got the distinct feeling we were being set up for some load of bullsh!t scaremongering in a tabloid, so I put him onto the CFI who I believe gave him fairly short shrift.

Personally, I think that your suicidal hijacker brigade, who have already proved themselves capable of foxing all the world's best intelligence agencies, are not going to have much trouble pulling the wool over the eyes of your average flying training organisation. But on the other hand, if the government wanted to send a few MI6 operatives round flying schools running seminars on how to spot budding terrorists, I'd be well up for it ...

I have a feeling that the training industry is being set up for some bad press on this one over the coming weeks. So, is there is an issue here that needs to be addressed or do any of you feel that it's our responsibility to start doing this sort of thing?