PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 20th Oct 2004, 08:25
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks Echo,

I'm sure everyone knows where to go to look at the statement so I won't cut/paste, it looks to me as if the Global Eagle websites official press statement is just that, with no personal touch that I thought may have been present on the 'Expeditions dedicated website'.

"Army Pilot forced to end historic autogyro trip"
Army Air Corps pilot Warrant Officer Barry Jones ........etc.
I think we know who/what he is, it does seem a strange type of post on the GE website

Missing Lynx brings up the questions again, and I'm sure these will be looked at with a lot of sceptisism.

£10,000 for repairs, to be able to say your company made the first autogyro to fly around the world!
A topic I think that has certainly done the rounds a few times in the boardroom I'm sure. (OK, maybe the manufacturers shouldn't cover the whole cost, maybe the sponsors as a whole should have been approached, but can you see how I'm looking at this?)

I'm sure there will be the usual brush up, and it will be interesting to see how much it cost to fly one of the most economical flying machines to India.

"Total GE distance travelled, from website, = 10.480 km = 5659.2 Nm = 6511.31 St"

My car (Diesel) does 60 mpg. To travel the same distance would take 108.5 gallons = 488.25 litres @ 85p/litre = £415.01

It just got me thinking