PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to call crew bluff on 'sick-out'
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 23:44
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

"Kaptin M. always playing the scabcard."
Do you have another more commonly used name for people who KNOWINGLY take others' jobs during an industrial dispute, Z.B.?

"Are you really drawing a connection between industrial relations and the breakdown of civilized society?"
I'm drawing a connection between the way people behave - regardless of whether it's an industrial relations event, or a picnic.
Dixon and Oldmeadow are now OPENLY ENCOURAGING some Australians to fight against, and try to destroy the efforts the current employees are making to SAVE their positions.
As children living in a civilised society, most of us were raised by our parents and teachers, to follow a set of moral and ethical guidelines...don't steal...don't kill.....tell the truth.....lightly gained is lightly valued.

Whether Oldmeadow and Dixon were raised this way might seem highly debatable!

Where is the credibility of a CEO who attempts to bring the employees beneath him to the lowest level possible, whilst simultaneously seeking outrageous INCREASES to his already enormous benefits and multi-million dollar income.
Compared to CEO's at AA,DL,AC,BA and the like, Dixon is pretty good value.
Absolute garbage - Dixon is one of the HIGHEST paid airline CEO's in the world!

Sunfish states, " Qantas is going to have a go at breaking the FA's union..... you should expect them (the Government) to aid and abet Qantas managment."
Look at the BIG picture - this is an attempt to ultimately dismantle Australia's single biggest union, the TWU.
And with the Howard Liberal government now freshly elected for another 3 years, and with control of the Senate as well, wasn't this to be expected?
It seems to me, that under Bush in the US, management greed at the expense of the ordinary worker (by the outsourcing of jobs to other countries - namely mainly China) has flourished.
Howard has followed Bush's ideology of "Reward the people at the top of the company, and companies will flourish, thereby creating more wealth for the country, and providing employees with work".
Problem is, the employees are NOT US residents, likewise the jobs of QANTAS employees that were once held by Australians, and Australian residents, are now increasingly being outsourced to cheap, overseas labour.

Which brings me back to a question Zapatas Blood asks, "Do you know how cabin crew at Thai are paid? Or Malaysian? Are you aware of what "min rest" means to cabin crew at Air China?"
Having worked with Malaysian and Singapore Airlines, I can answer "Yes" to part of that question.
Let me ask you, ZB a question or two.

Do you know how many MORE cabin crew each of those carriers has on say a B747, than QANTAS?
Answer - Around 7 - 10 MORE!

Do you know which Hotels the crews from those airlines are accomodated in on stays?
Answer - The very best..the Sheratons, the Hiltons, the Hyatts. And isn't it accomodation costs that Dixon is using as his reason for wanting crews based in the U.K.!!

Enough from me for now.

Currently I am a QF FF'er, and have my family and myself booked on FOUR QANTAS flights, as full fare paying pax, in the next 4 weeks.
If this un-Australian plan to screw the Australian F/A's proceeds, I shall be taking my future $$$'s elsewhere, Mr Dixon!