PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly-in Communities (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 21:08
Whiskey Kilo Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verchocq (N. France)

I was intrigued by the reports of the fly-in community near Le Touquet / Boulogne / Calais, having heard about it at St. Omer as well as Fly Stimulator’s link above. Monday was a nice flying day, so armed with the Pilot freebie landing voucher for Le Touquet, a quick visit was in order.

They had some fliers for the project on the counter at Le Touquet. These have a form on the back to fill in if you are interested (you are invited to register and comment without commitment). On the return I routed back via Verchocq. Fortunately with the co-ordinates in the GPS(s) as it’s not that easy to find. At present there’s no development other than the existing farm strip and flying club. I’d not sought PPR so didn’t land, but it appears to be a 600m grass strip, sloping up towards the west.

Hopefully it will be a more economic proposition than Spruce Creek or Vendee, as they repeatedly mention microlights. Anything heavy might have problems with the short grass field. According to the flier they plan to extend the strip to 710m. There are also a couple of adverts from companies building wooden chalets etc, another indication that it might not be too expensive (relatively!)

Safe Flying.
Richard W.