PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 19th Oct 2004, 12:26
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
As i am sure you are all aware the extraction of pilot and aircraft is well underway and both will be soon back home safe to Yorkshire.
Nope, it's all still quiet as far as the 'outside world' is concerned.

The GE website has had no news for a week now, despite the great words of "The official statement will be available shortly containing full details."
Also, all PMs from Barry have come to an abrupt halt.

I guess the Fat Lady is on her encore, and Barry wants to avoid any curtain calls at the moment.

I can't wait for the official statements and better still the unofficial inspections of the a/c on its return to Dishcloth. Perhaps they will be a little enlightening, but then again if not open to scrutiny, then any outcome is possible.

Now that we have passed through the 20,000 views barrier, I would like to thank you all for taking the time to join us.
Whether you have agreed with what was said , whether or not you have contributed, whichever side of the fence you have made your stand on, I hope it has been entertaining. After all, that and keeping GE in the 'public eye' was the aim of this thread.

I'm surprised that it has only managed a 3 star rating!

It's not all over just yet and once we get to the truth, there are sure to be a couple more pages in the great GE story.

It's better to have burnt out than fade away!