PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One of the final nails
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 09:52
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you fit a wheel lock, steering wheel lock with pad lock or tie your car down with a chain every time you go down to the shops? I think not, and why should I on my aircraft. It is locked and secure with a door lock that is just as good as on any car.

Colt, I guarantee that it is far far easier to break the piddling window lock off an aircraft, reach in and open the door than it is on most cars.

I'm not going to tie down my aircraft to a fixed tie down point with pad lock and chain, fit a wheel lock or padlock my control collum every time I walk away from my aircraft, unless DOTARS pay for the mods or equipment.

Might be cheaper though than paying fines for non compliance with legislation. Geeesus H C! give me a break.

This option is a lesser evil than making all airports 100% access controlled the cost of which would be passed on in terms of landing and parking fees. So just think about that one for a moment.

Sunfish and I don't see eye to eye on a few issues but I'm with him on this one.

Last edited by Islander Jock; 19th Oct 2004 at 10:04.