PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster/Finningley (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 01:17
terrywilcox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finningley

Certainly had plenty to do with Carol Barbone on the Stansted forum. I went on there about 2 years ago. People like her have some kind of closed mind. Anyway they binned the forum about 2 weeks ago. There were some people on there with a genuine grouse,and I could talk with them,but Carol was one of a bunch who were totally unreasonable,and were unable to compete with what I thought was a rational argument. The trouble is some of the locals who may have genuine concerns,get taken over by Fiends of the Earth and their ilk,who feed them propaganda.

The National Airport Watch,which is fighting all aviation expansion,was formed out of the Finningley campaign,with some very unholy alliances. I know many of them. We also have some people from the CPRE(campaign for the protection of rural England).

There is a lot more,but another time.

Just for information,I am NOT an aviation buff,and am NOT a campaigner for expansion everywhere. Each situation is different. As far as Finningley is concerned my only motivation was jobs for following generations,and regeneration of our area,badly hit by loss of coal mines,and much more.