PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skype.com
Thread: skype.com
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2004, 18:31
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of us trialling it at the moment here in the Middle East. Filthy signal quality where we are based and it is claimed call charges comprise 20% of GDP!

Impressions - pretty good computer to computer but so far a real struggle dialing computer to phone. No points scoring here but the built in system on my computer keeps 2 way video going but PC to phone is just about unusable on the same line. As with Snooze no problems with hotel firewalls despite it being set to stop file sharing services according to our cabin crew.

However, everyone wants to persevere until we get somewhere with decent lines. The dial out to regular phones side is brilliant for us long term travellers. Non computer literate family, friends and just day to day business calls would be brilliant in parts of the world where income from phone calls is a significant part of their GDP.

Developed by the guy who created kazaa so can we invent a phone number spyware rumour??

Tech note: On my operating system there is a glitch paying for computer to phone line credits. Something you might not like is having to accept 3rd party cookies for the non Skype payment server to process your payment. This happened across 4 different browsers. This is known to them and a chat window based assistance system will confirm this for you. Oh, and there's been a few more downloads in the intervening months - my log-in screen says 26 million plus.

Rob