PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Historic Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2004, 16:52
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angel

Andy,

Your presentation at the HAA symposium was excellent as the applause proved. After hearing it I have no desire to attempt to keep a rotary running while trying to display the airframe to which it is attached.

Bill Bowker was, for me, the ultimate rotary operator at Old Warden in the past. However even Bill had his work cut out when the Pup cowling decided to rotate as well; shearing off all the ignition leads in the process. I recall the din as around five thousand hearts started beating again when Bill got the aircraft down on what is now the runway extension.

In the USA at such events as the RAeS lecture and the HAA symposium there is often a facility for making an audio and video recording of the procedings for subsequent commercial sale and in any case to have a record for future generations. With the aims of the HAA including this vital aspect of our aviation heritage I wonder if this might be possible at future events especially as the RAF Museum and RAeS lecture theatres must be well equipped to take care of the technicalities. It would be useful to get some opinion on this aspect from forums subscribers.

Cheers,

Trapper 69