PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2’s new base is MAN
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2004, 14:01
POL1W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JET 2 Are they still loyal to Leeds

Happened to notice two new route applicartions for Jet 2 last friday.
One being Manchester - Bournemouth twice daily with an early morning and evening round trip. The other is for a Leeds - Gatwick twice daily, again with an early morning and evening round trip. The latter is great news for LBA, as the capitol has been underserved for years, especially south of the river. Jet 2 have been applying for slots into Gatwick from Leeds for a while now, but have been unable to obtain suitable ones, until now. This flight, along with Manchester - Bournemouth is expected to commence in January 05.
Great news indeed, as I said, until I put 2 + 2 together. Both flights are mirrored timings ex LBA amd ex MAN, and got me thinking a bit. Is there really 550 + people a day wanting to travel between Manchester and Bourneouth?. Are these applications just a sneaky backdoor application for Manchseter - Gatwick, by dropping the Leeds and Bournemouth parts of the applications. I sincerely hope not, but my gut feelings tell me they are. How loyal to Leeds will this show Jet 2 up to be, if true?