PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One of the final nails
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2004, 09:36
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Currawong,
I think that's a pretty good idea myself. I was toying with the idea of some type of steering lock between the contol yolks but whilst it might work for some, it wouldn't on others.

I wonder if anyone is manufacturing any wheel devices along the lines of the dreaded wheel clamps used by parking nazis all over the world. In my opinion they would prove a better visual deterrent rather than having someone breaking into your aircraft to try and remove a control lock whilst out of the gaze of everyon else. For those of us plebs who have cannot afford hangarage, we could then continue to use our canopy covers.

Looks like the aerodrome operators better start budgeting for bags of concrete, steel cables and shackles etc. Which would probably not be a huge undertaking. Of course the cost will be passed onto the user but might be easier and more economical than trying to modify or engineer control locking systems.

Also what about the various types of rudder and aileron locks that a lot of owners use. Surely it would not take a genius to re-design them to be secured by a padlock.

just my 2c worth.