PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 'eyeing' BFS
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2004, 00:49
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Cyrano
A full A332/B773 wouldn't have a performance problem off 10/28 in DUB going to DXB as it is similar in length to BHX and GLA. BFS could be 'tagged' onto a DUB service because EK operate like that already. eg DXB-NBO-EBB/DAR-NBO-DXB & DXB-LOS-ACC-DXB.

BA have serious problems trying to fill a 763 & 744 0r 2 X 777 daily out of London to Dubai whereas Emirates fills 7 A332/A340's and B772's/B773's on it's London routes every day and is desperate for more slots that aren't available hence why it is developing routes to the regions.

Traditionally a fair few of the LHR/LGW bound pax. from DXB were transits for the transatlantic connections but even with the intro. of the DXB-JFK-DXB non-stop services, the London flights are still full with EK. I don't know the timings for the transatlantic services from the regions so I couldn't say if the EK services to MAN,BHX and GLA connect with the t/a departures from those airports.

I heard the figure was 75% of pax arriving at DXB were transits and that the Emirates Group plus UAE Tourism depts. are vigourously trying to increase the no. of pax staying in DXB,on business and holiday, with figures in the long term similar to some Mediterranean destinations.

2nd daily BHX starts early next year- confirmed.
3rd daily MAN on hold due to lack of aircraft + 'spare' equipment commited to other new routes so from June(?) capacity is increased from 2xA332 to 2xB772/3.

The 'Cheap' deals are probably to do with the start of Ramadan Kareem.