View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2001, 13:45
'I' in the sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dah dah.

' I don't want to wait 2 years... '

' I only ever want to instruct in a club environment ...'

'Want want want' comes to mind.

So you feel people who only learn in a club environment are not entitled to quality instruction ? Because I currently work in a club environment and every now and again you come across people who are the products of instructors who have not done any CAA theoretical exams, ie those with grandfather rights from the old system and also those who are products of 3 week PPL packages. Believe me it is horrifying what some qualified PPLs are capable of not doing and invariably it transpires that they just don't understand what is going on. Why ? Because the instructors haven't understood properly what they are teaching !

As an instructor your only interest should be in providing the absolute highest quality of teaching you can and that is exactly what you are, a teacher. If you think it is just a bit of fun then do something else.

What is the NPPL about ? A significant reduction in minimum training requirements and a nominal restriction of privileges of the licence holder - quite a dangerous combination really. Now you want to add to this a lowering of instructor understanding.