PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 16th Oct 2004, 12:20
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
From page 14....

Autorot8
posted 9th July 2004 08:42
"BETTER STILL - GO ON THE GLOBAL EAGLE (.CO.UK) SITE AND GET THE TRUTH."

There seems to be a lot of $hite floating about at the moment. Is it possible to get a statement from the GE team as to the extent of the damage and whether the a/c is recoverable at all. I know it has been said that the attempt is over, but...............!

Have magni been contacted or indeed been in touch to perhaps give some expert advice on any repairs necessary? Perhaps as they are a major sponsor in this, they might want to help their product through this problem?

If there is going to be another attempt, is there a timeline at all, or was this 'the' British attempt?

Before this all gets out of hand, (I am aware this is a rumour network , but there is a lot of it flying about ), is anyone prepared to make the unofficial statement? You know, the one containing the truth!

p.s. Where is Barry?

I would like to draw your attention to this webpage. In particular the guy flying round the world in a microlight. (open cockpit!)

It seems everyone is at it!