PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Airport - Whats Happening?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2004, 20:11
TRISTARLOVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys , I whole heartedly agree with your comments , as a "sand grown un" , with onsite links , its just another case of the airport operator spouting forth what they would gladly like to see happen...dream on , its all PR waffle. Their's more chance of supermarkets and shops starting up on adjacent land than flights.

In desperation they're offering park and ride for the illuminations !

No extra flights to be seen , in fact I think they have lost one weekly IT flight this time round for the period Nov - April ?

Bandeirante's and Navajo's , what kind of operation is this when you can go down the road and hop on a 737 for peanuts from LPL and go to Belfast ?

God help us if Ryanair just plod on with the current destinations , passenger numbers must dry up eventually.

With JET 2 announcing new routes from MAN , their is no hope for Blackpool , even the odd 7 day specials - for example , one flight got the chop , last month.

Anyway must dash , I'm off on my hols tomorrow , and yes I'm going from Manchester .......... Blackpool has no warm destinations year round so its onto the M6 for me !