PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Searching for a Video Edit program
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2004, 10:29
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just been trialling Pinnacle 9, and had a few problems with it - mainly that it seems to needa lot of hard drive space to render the project. If you run out, it just stops - no warning, error messages, nothing.

What is worse, though, is that Pinnacle will not support the trial version (they won't even answer emails), and you can't patch it. Even if you could get support, it apparently costs you about GBP4.00 per event! So here we have a product that seems to have several problems (judging by their knowledge base), but which will cost you money for every support call you make (apart from the first one!). Oh, and their minimum promised time to deal with your problem is two days!!!

I think that is pretty crappy support myself, and it is certainly the worst support setup I have ever seen.

Compare that to Macromedia Dreamweaver, which I also recently tried. I emailed them a few times about the trial, and always had a reply in less than 4 hours. I also phoned a couple of times, whenn I needed urgent hand-holding, and was always able to get through within a minute or so.

Pinnacle might be a good product, but I will never buy it, purely on the basis of their awful support setup. If I need help, I expect to get it, and quickly. Their refusal to support the trial in any way is incredibly short-sighted, IMHO...

Discuss...