PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Airport - Whats Happening?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2004, 09:58
BPL321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

It just seems like such a shame to me. I honestly thought Ryanair might have been moving a little more forward by now with increased frequencies and perhaps new routes. I don't know if you feel like this but as soon as you turn off the M6 onto the M55 you seem to go into another world ie Lack of ambition, keep things the way they are and so on. Sounds like the council the airport the football club.

What have we got? BNWA - Well thats a joke if ever I saw one. Trust me, ive been on the receiving end of that bunch. I suppose KeenAir are doing well but thats just about it. I would hate to think what would happen if Ryanair were not at Blackpool - nothing probably. Ok we have winter charters but the list of destinations has not been added to in years. I'm sure if Manchester has upwards of 10/15 flights most days going to Palma I think Blackpool could just about manage a 737 load.

I would just like to be a fly on the wall at these board meetings because to the general public it does not appear that they are talking about 'the airport'.

Do you agree or disagree?

cheers