PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prang at Livingstone - C210 - September 2004
Old 15th Oct 2004, 09:32
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see a civil reply, Gusto. As for this:

My messages were not written to blame someone , but to take into consideration things that need to be CHANGED. Safety will improve if we all contibute to understand what happened , why and how can we avoid it next time .
Perhaps lodging a CAIR form (or African equivalent), or a letter/phone call to the relevant person on that country's Aviation Safety board would do the trick. If there are indeed serious points for concern, they must be looked at if a formal complaint/report is lodged. May I ask if you have done so? I'd hate to think that any negligence causing an accident went unchecked because no-one bothered to report it. Not pointing the finger at you, but something to think about. As you say, the tiny problem we see one day may be tomorrow's fatalities. Better to report it and look stupid if it's nothing than to not report and have to wake up to hear what happened to my friends & Mr Channer.

Topics of this nature are always touchy, and yes, I may be a bit too close to it to have commented, but.... Perhaps hitting the 'preview' button and re-reading may help next time...?

Atlas, no worries mate...

Sky