PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cayman Islands Air Taxi/Executive Jet??
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2004, 02:58
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the other hand, the current situation lends itself to the enterprising spirit.

Lets say one had a fairly good airplane to run certain badly needed items like fresh Seafood or other perishable or high value items into Cayman at a reasonable (not low) rate, one could make him/herself quite a pretty penny . There are also regular supply links that are not currently used and could lower the cost of living here the problem is its mosrly one way freight.

Opportunities abound, if I had a 40 ft Trailer of refrigeratorsa right now, I'm sure they'd be sold by tomorrow this time, the same goes for pickup trucks and mopeds etc. two weeks ago it was generators that were hot. now its roofing materials and after that it will be time to replace all those lost appliances.

Most properties are well insured and the people have money to spend to get their life back in order.

The Island is in need of labour in all skills, right now the problem is housing for those people that need to be imported.

So, I wouldn't mind talking to someone who might consider a joint venture involving an AOC