PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR 587 Airbus Crash (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2004, 18:45
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from Pontious

If it WAS the aircraft then how come airlines such as AF,LH,IB,AI,PIA...the numerous Chinese and Japanese operators haven't had a problem? But AA with a fleet of 30 something have had multiple problems? I think we'll let the investigation decide.
Sorry but since Airbus flat out refused to provide all that data to the NTSB and the APA you can't make that claim. THe only fleets we were able to look out turned out to be ones under the jurisdiction of the FAA. I wonder why that was?

Had you trained to fly Airbus BEFORE the 587 crash I sincerely doubt you would have received all that attention. There is VERY little turn over on the fleet and those that went through training from Toulouse when the aircraft were new and training was done by Airbus say exactly the same thing.

The fact that they emphasize it now just proves that there is an issue specific to the aircraft that they are correcting with training. (closing the barn door after the aircraft left). BTW. Been through training recently in Miami at AIRBUS again on the 320. No such emphasis for that aircraft....

Sorry dude.

Cheers
Wino