PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cpl training keeps the instructor in a job
Old 14th Oct 2004, 14:20
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my CPL knowing that there were very few jobs out there.

I also did my FIC knowing that there are very few jobs out there. In fact, I made the very scary decision, a couple of weeks away from finishing the FIC, to quit my well-paid job and put everything into starting a new career as an instructor.

I was very lucky to find myself a job which, a couple of months later, I love. (In my case, I got the job through sending my CV to everyone and anyone I would consider working for - not through contacts. However, I have since been offered, and had to refuse, another job purely through contacts at the school - so yes, who you know does count, but it's not everything.) As you will know if you've read my posts on the Flying Instructors forum, it wasn't plain sailing, but here I am, and I don't regret it at all.

I don't feel I was deceived or used by either my CPL or my FIC school. Even if I had not been lucky enough to find myself in the position I'm now in, it would not have been the fault of those schools that I found myself in that position. It would have been entirely my own fault - I made my choices with my eyes wide open, I knew exactly what I was letting myself get into, and I decided it was worth the risk.

Fly3000 - as long as you do the best job you know how to do, and make sure your students know the score, you have nothing to worry about. Good luck!

FFF
--------------