PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Best of 2004
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2004, 12:21
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 299 Likes on 167 Posts
All time low this year; I only managed to get to four - no five -displays!

Zlin, was that really Paul Day in the DC-6 at Biggin? Cracking display!

I'll add:

Guy Westlake in the Fox glider at Shoreham (and again at Biggin though I don't think he got the altitude for the full display on the Saturday - ******* cloud! - which also caught out Brendan O'Brien who was supposed to be commentating at the time!)

Will Curtis in the Sukhoi at Biggin - again restricted by cloud base, but nonetheless scintillating and continued to talk to the crowd whilst his extremities were being alternately squeezed and stretched...

Matey in the F-18 at Farnborough (Boeing's CTP, Military Division or some such nom-de-wotsit) - awesome!

Andy Sephton in the Spitfire at Old Warden... delightful. And Ray too, though I'm not sure if I've seen him this year...

Most unusual type - the Polikarpov at Flying Legends even if those loops were a bit sphincter tightening to watch!

Best decision - the Tornado crew who curtailed their display at Biggin in the face of truly awful - and worsening - weather. Shame... it was shaping up to be the best Biggin I've been to in years.

Amen to the safe season!

Next year - I promise to get to OW more than once. And I will go to Chailey too...