PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cpl training keeps the instructor in a job
Old 13th Oct 2004, 19:26
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly 3000,

At the end of the day you are providing a service, and as long as you are providing a good quality service, surely that is all you have to worry about?

Personally, although I do not have the experience of getting that first job, because I am still training for the IR, it is more down to the motivation and determination of the graduate to obtaining that first job, whether there are ample jobs, or the jobs are few and far between.

Only the other day I was discussing with my IR instructor (also my CPL instructor), whats the difference between a professional pilot and a private pilot? One thing I identified from doing the CPL course, is myself as a pilot feels so much more comfortable flying and knowing you have the ability to get out of possibly a tricky situation, where when I was in my elementry flying career as a private pilot, having to deal with sticky situations could have proved alot more difficult! I guess it all comes with experience.

Surely instructing and seeing your students succeed is more than rewarding? They know the score in terms of the supply and demand of pilots.