PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lanseria Flight Centre
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2004, 15:55
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi NorthSouth

I did a couple of hours flying at Lanseria Flight Centre because I heard they were excellent and after my old school went bankrupt I was desperate. I found the instructors very cavalier and didn't take the job seriously. The aeroplanes were very shabby - they only have Cessna's and a duchess - the equipment on the planes was not great either. Lanseria has two runways - one which is closed for maintenance - ALOT of commercial traffic so it takes atleast half an hour to get t/off clearence. A complete nightmare!!!!!!

If you've got your heart set on Jhb - may I recommend Superior Pilot Services in Grand Central. I did my SA ppl with them and they were excellent. Grand Central is a really nice airport as its not that busy and when it does get busy the tower will always manage to squeeze you in somewhere so no long waits at the holding point. SPS has got some great deals on at the moment for structured hour building. The owner is also an ex JAA CFI so knows quite a bit about the training system. If you want to PM about it please feel free.

Ciao
BL