PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things You Missed on the Inspection
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2004, 14:34
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinky,
couldn't really say too much, it was his aeroplane after all. To make his weekend worse though, after a fefuelling he didn't secure the tip tank cap properly and it did not have a tethering chain attached. Well a few phone calls to Mssrs Britton and Norman and $540 AUD got him a new cap. A Dolmio spaghetti sauce jar secured with gaffa tape did a fine job in the meantime though.

RV6,
Never landed on the strip up that way but do remember as a new PPL with the ink still drying on my licence I visited the meatbomb strip near Pinjarra. Never had seen it before either on the ground or from the air so was guided over the radio by one of the jump pilots to it's location. Nice strong wind blowing straight up the strip from the south but what I didn't realize was that the strip only started at the hangar and south from there. Old muggins me landed north of the hangar on what I was informed after the event was the vehicle access road. Amazing where you can put a C150 down with a good headwind. Nice bit of taxiing also I thought as I dodged the parked cars.