PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar disappointment
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2004, 14:13
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galley Power -
I earnt $54k last year, which isn't bad for a 23 year old without a uni degree. Mind you this was whilst we still had overnights and I was in my forth year with the company. This apparently means something??? Bound to earn less this year (and work more - go figure!) due to having 3-4 away nights a month vs. the 10-14 we had last year.

With JQ we are under the same award but our flying has changed DRASTICALLY. I guess our days are longer on average and we do 4 sectors most of the time. But we are not aways as much which is where the $$ are, of course.

You can find our EBA II at http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Se...T)&quickview=Y The dollar values have increased slightly and some lower allowance bands no longer apply.

EBA III is going to be VERY interesting. We will be pushing for an EBA more suited to the new type of flying. It seems now the less you work the more you get paid... We cannot continue like this obviously. Hope the link to the EBA helps.

EasyBaby -
Yes. The crew in the photo are REAL live crew... They were the people who are an 8 or 9 out of 10 Cute-ness wise. They couldn't use me as I am the sole 10 out of 10 at Jetstar and it really would make everyone else in the shot look more unpretty than what they are. It would be unfair on them really because they tried... It's so hard to be me sometimes. *Jokes!*

Message me your trip details. We shall have to see if there is any Ppruners amongst us on your flight to show you a fun time.

The Bundy and Coke all in a single can is really convinent for those unable to drink out of a glass, yes. And reduces waste too. Just so posh, really.

Hay Ewe -
Reality check for you. What you described sounds like an indifferent experience at worst.

Re the trash bags... Go fly AA or UA domestically and you will experience the same *SHOCKING* method of rubbish collection. Admittedly they use slightly smaller bags over there. Ours are big enough to use as a tent sleeping a familiy of five! But hey. Them's the breaks. We all long for the glamorous old times. Me too. But times have changed for the better. Better because Australians have airfares CHEAPER than ever. MORE flights and choice, we still all have jobs and Qantas are making record profits. Most, if not all, legacy carriers are struggling at best. Few are turning profits.

FACT is almost 60% of our customers fly for less than $100 per sector. Considering average sector length is around 75 mins and atleast $25 is airport and Government taxes I think you could do worse than to endure a CM who doesn't know the Tech Crew intimately and having a rubbish bad pass by you twice in 100 mins or so...

Love it or hate it (I really don't have an opinion in this regard. I could care less - I still have a job.). Qantas has chosen to use JQ as its vehicle for profit and growth in the domestic market. Jetstar is the poo. So take a big whiff.