PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Drop Stalls
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2001, 13:11
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were my student. I would get you to bring the aircraft back to the stall - gently. And then at the stall I would take the column and leave you with the rudders. I would then ask you to just try and stop the wings from dropping either way by use of rudder. You will end up dancing on the pedals gaining confidence in that they do work. I would just keep it on "light" stall so as no major wing drop. You would then be asked to do the same but this time you hold the column - using both hands. (Helps to keep them locked!) No full recovery just hold it in the stall keeping your wings relatively level with the use of rudder. After that, I would get you to use both hands on recovery and do a recovery without the use of power (both hands on stick). Then a standard stall recovery (One hand on stick the other throttle). Normally works with most guys. Always start with a gentle wing drop and build it up. Ps - Never taught on the PA-38 thing so can't comment on any handling glitches etc. Interesting to hear what you instructor says. I assume you have approached him/her, it is really his/her job to sort you out not here.