PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 13th Oct 2004, 09:47
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Thank you for your cool and rational reply Autorot8;

Well done mate, you've now just lost the one person that was on your side, giving you a hint of support during these times !

I was just asking if any thought had gone into leaving the a/c in the anticipated conditions. Of course as I mentioned, I have the benefit of hindsight. I can see I hit a nerve, so I take it that this could perhaps be another little oversight. With such a good team behind you, I'm surprised none of them thought of the possibility of the a/c getting wet during the monsoon season!

Hundreds killed!!
192 to be exact, as of 0900 UT this morning.
Granted the figure is rising, but not quite in the multiples of a hundred. (By the way, I said 'localised' flooding, as in these were/are flash floods due to largescale deforestation and earth-cutting.)

Much like your previous assessment of halfway around the world being equal to 92 degrees.

It would be nice if you could post a photograph of the aircraft.
If you e-mail it to me, I'll be happy to link it for you. You have taken photos previously throughout the journey, so you must still be able to, now you have bought some new batteries.
I wouldn't bother with that GE site, nothing ever gets updated there. It's as though the lights had been switched off!

If you would like me to start growing up, please reciprocate by answering the question;

"How do you feel about the rumours that you had no intention of carrying on, even before you returned to Delhi?"

I hope you have an umbrella and not just for the rain.