PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2004, 09:09
Night Watchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winchop

As for talk I've read elsewhere about hiring firefighters etc., instead of qualified rearcrew, thats rubbish. Bond wouldn't do it just to save a quid and the oil companies will certainly not let it happen.

You talk about Bond hiring qualified rearcrew and yet they haven't interviewed any of the current Coastguard or L2 SAR Commanders. Surely if they wanted qualified people they would at least have interviewed some of the above? Especially with their current North Sea and Atlantic operational experience.

And why are they talking about employing Air Ambulance paramedics who have probably never been winched in their life or pulled a man out of the water in a flat calm sea, never mind a high sea state.

All all sounds like Bond/BP spin to me.

For years oil companies and government agencies putting out tenders for contracts such as these, have had strict conditions on what pilots could work on these contracts, as in flying hours and experience in the role. This has extended to rearcrew now and so it should.

You make this sound like like it's a new thing. More spin? It's not, the strict conditions you talk about have been around for years for both pilots and aircrew. All the UK Coastguard contracts have had it since the start of them (15 odd years ago), as did, I believe, the original Jigsaw Trial contract! Apparently BP insisted on aircrew with a great depth of experience to help sell the concept to their workers. Interestingly enough none of them, to date, have had any reply from Bond with regard to their aplications. I'm sure the military have similar conditions on their aircrew personnel too.

Mountainman

Are you mad? Checkout girls? You haven't really thought that argument through.

Think of the discount vouchers you can get off your next weekly shop!