PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Month with a Mac: A Die-Hard PC User's Perspective
Old 12th Oct 2004, 21:49
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to pick up on the ease of use part, my parents are of that generation where a telephone without a wind up handle on the side is a mystery. 6 months ago I bought them an iMac and they are now able to video conference with their 9 month old grandaughter over iChat using iSight cameras.

I knew that it would be worth the 1200 quid I paid (including 2 cameras) just to get rid of all those panicked phonecalls "our PC's got another virus" but even I am stunned at how much they are able to do with the iMac in such a short period of time. The fact that they live 7 hours away from us and are able to get to see their grandaughter pretty much every day has just been fantastic.
Now Im sure it could all have been done with windows but there is no way it would have been as easy as it was on Apple.

In short , if you haven't a clue about computers and quite frankly dont want to have a clue about computers then these are definately the computers for you.