PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Balpa Conference Now - Your Views
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2004, 17:04
itchy kitchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right you lot.
This is not about who can spell and who can't.
All of you who are drowning in pessimism can go elsewhere. We pilots who are looking for a first job should be pulling together and sharing experiences and information.
I found the Con to be invaluable. It gives us a picture of what the airlines are looking for. Do we not need to know that? A lot of the reps said to me that qualifications and hours are not the B all and end all, but if your face fits, then there is a chance. Also, there was a wealth of information to be gleaned there, not just making contacts, but by talking to each other as well. The opportunities are out there guys, we need to look outwardly, be prepared to go the extra mile and be flexible.

And remember: Nobody owes us a living. That dream job will not fall into our laps. Spend at least 1 hour a day mailing CV's, getting on the blower and working towards your own future.

Good Luck To All! Remember what the man said: If you want it badly enough, it'll happen.

...but i do agree that Britannia bloke's joke was corny! Didn't stop an application going off yesterday though!