PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Instruction vs Flying at night
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2004, 09:24
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle/DFC - thanks for the confirmation. I thought that may be the case, but was thrown by the analagy with instrument flying where I am allowed to instruct in IMC, and hoped that this analagy might be my get-out clause!

(The reason I asked is because I have a student who wants to fly with me to regain his night currency, and he's booked himself in earlier than I expect to get around to doing the very short course to remove the restriction. I shall have to re-book him for a later date.)

UV - DFC is refering to the case where the student does have a Night Qualification, and simply needs to do one night circuit before he can carry passengers. However, DFC, I thought that the take-offs and landings for currency (whether day or night currency) had to be logged in some way by the pilot concerned? Which would preclude the option of me being PIC and the "student" acting as pax but handling the controls? This is purely theoretical now, because I have no intention of going down this route - I just want to clear up any misunderstanding I may have of the rules!

FFF
---------------