PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 12th Oct 2004, 09:10
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Thud,

You certainly know how to hurt Mollys feelings.
How can you side with the likes of TC and pally up with the 135 gang so openly?

Just to remind you of the lady, you used to care for;

taken myself just the other day.

Those that give her a good rub down on a Thursday still care for her!

Vol,
If you're going to the bash, I think we should have a GE wake. Any chance of a pillion? I'll keep my hands to myself! I promise I'm better looking than your last passenger;

---------------------------------------
SORRY, Back to GE.

Update from the team;

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:08 am
When Barry returned to the aircraft in Guwahati it was evident that the aircraft had spent sometime submerged in water. Barry carried out an initial inspection, but was not confident he could clear the aircraft for flight. He made the desicion to return the aircraft to Delhi were a full inspection can be carried out.

We will keep all informed as the outcome, this will take about a week to complete.
---------------------------------------

IMHO, from what I have gathered about the situation, the a/c has been subject to some flood damage and as the above update says, "Barry is not confident to clear the a/c for flight."

I for one and I\'m sure others, as a pilot have been in many a situation when something has happened, either on detachment or even at base, where as captain I could carry on with the flight/mission. However maybe experience or just 'that feeling' has caused me to get engineering advice. Sometimes it was nothing, others it was a good job I did.

Although this is a big hiccup and will cause yet another time delay, I feel that we will see Barry getting the engineering thumbs up and the inevitable, "She\'ll be reet!"

With 14 days built into the program for delay, as long as everything gets to Delhi OK then perhaps this isn't all at such a total end.

Waiting in the wings, the latest addition to the GE team;

IMO, she will be there for a bit yet!

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 12th Oct 2004 at 09:44.