PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANyone bought any Stuff over the Internet?
Old 11th Oct 2004, 00:04
Sunfish

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
Ahhh the ups and downs of managing expectations! I was readyy to forgive UPS this morning when their tracking system appeared to show that the headset was received into store at Ascot Vale in Melbourne this morning.

However I made one precautionary call to UPS before scooting over to Ascot Vale to pick up my precious headset. You guessed it, although their tracking system says the are in Ascot Vale, the headset is still in a container in Sydney and won't be avaiable until Wednesday if I am lucky! I almost exploded at the poor girl. Anyway I've put a hold on it so I can pick it up myself and check if its damaged or not.

$135 U.S. dollars to receive a thirteen day (unguaranteed ) delivery and get nailed for GST and a "handling" fee to boot. I am a f*&^%$ing idiot! Spoke to a mate who imports high tech european motorcycle stuff by air and he doesn't pay even a fraction of what UPS charges!

Dude, DC have a resale price maintenance policy, but if you check with some internet shops they will email you a "discounted" price.

Just make sure you get it shipped by the post office express post. Whatever you do, stay away from UPS.

Last edited by Sunfish; 11th Oct 2004 at 00:19.