PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An antipodean asks
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2004, 03:53
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good shout ozexpat

Yeah this all really starts to make sense. I'd place a VOR at the intersection too and like you say the old gear is going to be around awhile. CAA/ASSI are not happy about ILS because of this big hill called the Barn which does intrude a little bit into the cone of the approach but I can think of a similar rocky atlantic island with the runway perched above sea-shore, on stilts in places, on the side of a mountain. Needs must when the devil drives. The CAA and CASA might as well be two different beasts and so the get-out has to be a bendy approach. As you say MLS is not favoured (except by me!!) despite being a robust system. You are right of course about gradual degradation of GPS and I wasn't really thinking about a lateral error of 5nm, more like 5nm nearer decision height! But yup, Cat 1 really should be adequate and the 2hr Island Reserve is there, god forbid. Will the CAA sanction an MBZ look-alike like Norfolk NLK? How will they draw up airspace categories? Dunno really but it is taking an awfully long time fo Mr Buggins to put the seal of approval on all the plans. Never mind oil running out, I'll be in my bath-chair.