PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's Meal Choice, what Meal Choice?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2004, 09:42
christep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Airlines do FEBO (Front Even Back Odd) based on the flight number.

Athena seems to live in a world where people always eat meat or never eat meat. That isn't the world I live in... many people are happy to eat meat but don't feel any requirement to do so in every meal (in much the same way as I am happy to eat, say, rice, but wouldn't want to in every meal). I guess I take the veggie option on planes about 30% of the time. Airlines aren't bad, in general, at predicting what the mix will be that people will select so they normally only load a very few more dishes in total than the number of passengers, but they do get it wrong occasionally.

The CSD is the Cabin Service Director - the senior cabin crew on BA flights.

PAXboy - I suggest that what you need to do is make a special meal request that corresponds to your unfortunate condition... perhaps "gluten-free" if that's what your problem is?

Some airlines still do ask how you would like your steak cooked, but you need to be in Frist Class.

And if you fly in First or Business on Singapore Airlines you can "Book the Cook" and preselect your main course.
(See http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...entSite=global )

By the way, from BA's website, the list of different special meals available on 24hrs notice is:

Asian Vegetarian
Lacto Vegetarian
Vegan Vegetarian
Hindu
Moslem
Kosher
Baby
Childrens
Seafood
Bland
Diabetic
Fresh Fruit Plate
Gluten Free Meal
High Fibre Meal
Low Calorie
Low Cholesterol
Low Protein
Low Sodium
Low Purine
Non-Lactose

Surely there's something in there for most people?