PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ to replace its Saab fleet
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2004, 22:26
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't listen to him Massey, of course you should wear your uniform.

Don't forget to wear your gold bars either.

A good tip here is to buy an extra set and cut one of them up, then you can have six stripes either side. This not only impresses the airlines no end, who should really promote you to fleet manager immediately, but is great for pulling the birds who will think that you are an Admiral.

I also have an old hat you could borrow, it even has scrambled eggs on the brim. That should polish up nicely. Airlines love to see a nice hat on their interviewees, it tells them that you really are a professional.

Finally, try and have a copy of "Handling The Big Jets" in your bag, and "accidentally" let it fall out during the interview. This will tell you interviewer that you are ready for their very biggest jet.

The best of luck to you old bean, but of course you really won't need luck as the quality of Massey students is well-known in the airline industry.

And finally, I am a little disappointed that you are prepared to contemplate flying a turboprop, which is clearly an aircraft unable to challenge your flying skills. Might I suggest that you tell them you will only fly the jets, as props are for boats. Everybody knows that.