PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith's Media Release for Monday 20 Sep 04
Old 8th Oct 2004, 13:29
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talk about cutting to the quick

As a young Baby Boomer - well actually, I tail end that classification..as do Binos and Gaunty - I was proud of the fact that I had been raised as a Liberal voter.
Bob Menzies... The Queen.....Winston Churchill......John Gorton....and *#&* all those commie, anti-Vietnam reds!!

Gough Whitlam was an airy-fairy artsy poonce, and Joh Bee-gel-kee was the bees knees!
Boy did HE show those SEQEB striking commies!!

But, then, Bobawke arrived on the scene.
And all of a sudden the charisma of Hawkie - with his visions of a glowing tomorrow. with fast rewards and gains for minimum input - far outshone the hard sloggings, and slowly gained achievements of the past decade or so under Malcolm Fraser, and his little tyrrannical "accountant", Lil Johhny (Howard).

I voted Labor, for the first time in my life....and it FELT RIGHT!!

Of course, I didn't know then, that Bobawke was a corrupt, con/deceitful, slimey little piece of toxic, malleable plasticine, willing to sell himself to the most influential bidder.
Rupert, at that THAT time, controlled Oz poli-ticks.

And it is NOW - almost 2 decades later - that we curiously find a Minister of the Commonwealth being drawn to a "romantic".

Dick ESPOUSES (loudly) much of what HE "believes" to be correct, but is unable to back it up with FACT!!

On the other hand, a lot of what might SEEM to be boring, repititious, FACT, is precisely that!!

Don't be fooled by the "gloss"!!

Just because it's "old", it doesn't mean it's past its "Use by" date!

In THIS case, the "tried - tested - PROVEN" slogan has shown that it SUPERIOR IN SAVING LIVES, to Dick's scatter-brained system!!