PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith's Media Release for Monday 20 Sep 04
Old 8th Oct 2004, 06:14
Ogsplash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have refrained from commenting on DS actions despite having seen him 'lose it' at a meeting in Perth several years ago. I figured he would eventually 'go away'. I guess I was wrong.

But what really has my gander up now are his scurrilous accusations of the ATSB. While no organisation is perfect, in the 7 years I was in it I never saw the ATSB ever show favouritism to any organisation. Indeed, it went out of its way to be fair and not show favour.

People like DS appear to sprout accusations with no basis in fact, maybe because it panders to the popular press and the simpletons who believe in conspiracy theories behind every bush. I spent many a frustrated moment in the ATSB wanting it to respond to the likes of DS but the hierarchy chose to stay silent much of the time so as to not give any credence to such mutterings.

The likes of DS refuse to listen, refuse to back up any accusations with fact and appear to continue to get away with sprouting crap because they are rich and enjoy political favour.

When will they go away and let a professional approach to aviation in Australia prevail?