PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Oldmedow?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2004, 05:31
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed Gandenburg, a tough call between him and Oldmeadow, but he started right from ground level. He knew there were hundreds of Oz pilots who would want to come home, got himself a good contract with Branson, and then screwed his mates. I reckon it could be argued that he is solely responsible for the degradation of pilots' conditions in Oz.

I read somewhere recently that his shareholding in Virgin Blue could be worth up to $12 mill.

Oldmeadow, on the other hand, comes in and does a hatchet job with great effect. I think Oldmeadow would be the tougher adversary..
Bear in mind,Raby was paying about what Virgin were paying guys to work in the UK, so coming home and living ofr about a quarter of what it was costing in the UK must have sounded like a deal too good to resist. They were willingly screwed, and if any had taken the oracle of world aviation's advice (kaptinm that is) they would have boycotted Virgin in Australia thereby denying them a start. Yeah right.

But more important than looking after your mates, because they will be looking after themselves at your expense if you are not careful, is looking after yourself and your family just like those who had the commonsense to go back to work in 89.