PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's Meal Choice, what Meal Choice?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 18:33
Athena5

Hi there

Thanks for your replies.

the space on board is limited, so it is impossible to carry on board 1000 meals (to cover 2 services) to make everyone happy
Interesting comment. Why I mentioned the type of aircraft I flew in was because I wondered had this contributed to the problem cause I couldn't help but notice their very different layout from what I could ascertain in the storage area. On the 777 which I gather carries alot less pax than the 747-400 there seem to be no problem storing three different menu options & due to me flittering around the aircraft at the time I gather I was one of the last to be served.

Yet the 747-400 couldn't manage to satisfactorily store two menu options & the powers that be managed to totally underestimate how many customers would go for the blatantly more obvious of the very limited choices leaving no doubt alot of disgruntled passengers.

I do believe civilisation has given us a responsibility to ensure minimal suffering to animals and it's high time the world's big caterers took notice from Compassion in World Farming and purchased from reputable suppliers.
Good point. Yes, me too and I would gladly pay more for my ticket to ensure this was the case.