PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Flier Programmes
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 17:41
Momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status match?

Hmm, status match....

I got my Air France Red card by status match when I had Senator status. Now I still have the AF Red card, and Swiss Gold. However, I am on LH FF status. Do you have any pointers to the Star status match offer?

The AF status match has been very useful for long haul upgrades, plus lounge access for the family in Guadeloupe and elsewhere on holiday. LH Senator used to be good for free upgrade coupons, but then when I got it originally, I did close to 500k miles in one year in Business and First. Sadly, my employer got taken over by an economy-only company, perhaps because we spent so much on travel.

Anyway, details of an LH or any other status match offer would be welcome. I remeber scanning and sending a copy of the AF offer to a friend a few years back, and he got it too. Scanning and attaching any offer documents could make sense here.

Momo

Oh, and meant to mention that the solution to KLM woes might be to earn miles on some other alliance member card instead of KLM. AF or AZ, for example. I remember having the KLM "Courtesy Card" many years ago when I lived in Holland. Bliss. Automatic long haul upgrades to First, provided you asked. I wonder whether it still exists somewhere in their secretive structure.

Momo