PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly recruitment open day
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 15:06
vlad-the-inhaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive just been to Brighton pier and unfortunately, after jamestkirks' posting there are now two hundred fATPLs queing up to get in... luckily I have a business mind and am friends with the owner of said 747sim so I was able to make the most of the situation as follows;
I promised the integrated students that they will be the first ones to get a go because they are so young and clever.
I told the modular students that because the integrated students were so young and immature, the captain would want modular fATPLs.
I charged the modular students £20000 to do a half hour type rating.
I charged the integrated students' parents £20,000 to do a half hour type rating (they wouldnt pay until I assured them that they would have to wear a uniform)
I hired the chairman of Ryanair to drive up profits, he routinely fires the new pilots after 20minutes so I can sell more type ratings.
Now, if you want a type rating...you have to pay £150 for him to interview you (dont worry, you get that back if you are successful...but even after you do the type rating, theres no guarantee that theres a job for you)
Wheres BALPA in all this you ask? Well, theyre campaigning for you, surely you must be able to tell that by the nice magazine you get every month? Dont worry though, because this weekend, they have arranged for Southend pier, margate amusements and blackpool pleasure beach to come in and give a talk about working for them. Except they havent got any jobs and BALPA will want to charge you £50 to get in. Just to cover costs, you understand!