PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - piece concept
Thread: piece concept
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 08:18
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealine, As to Global Pollution, do you really think if we lessen the baggage allowance that the airlines are going to take off lighter, maybe throttle back and save some fuel. Get Real, Its a way to charge more as the planes are so severly packed that they can no longer get all the seats filled with a large baggage allowance. If its not my baggage it will be cargo and the drivers up front will still be doing the checklist for Max Performance takeoff.
B Sousa - Are You For Real?

I am no physicist, God knows, but any scientist will tell you that even carrying a sachet of sugar surplus to requirements across the Atlantic will add a few pence (cents) to your operating costs. Carrying unnecessary extra baggage (and who needs 64kg for a two week vacation) will add a significant burden to the airlines' fuel bill! However, I wasn't bemoaning your baggage allowances - I was responding to the "Heavens Above, the EU will impose VAT on fuel" argument!

I love travelling the world as much as anyone else, I enthuse over aeroplanes and I really enjoy my career - BUT - I want my children and grandchildren to enjoy the world too!!!