PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Boeing 737 grounded
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 06:50
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rongotai, I am glad you have the capacity to understand where a lot of my (and many others) frustration comes from. It is this "holier than thou" ATTITUDE that is so prevalent with MOR and others that is deplorable.

Keg, you seem to have no trouble taking the high moral ground when it suits you. I am sick to death of all this negative garbage being perpetrated in these forums. I, like you enjoy working for my airline. It sure as hell aint perfect, however in the 4 different airlines which I have worked (both here and Europe), they all had their good points and bad. You stated I know bugger all, that may be the case but as your collegue alluded to he was told how great he was (by your airline), and other friends of mine were told the same. I tried to state to the juniors and others, they should NOT believe this type of CR@P. It does NOT lend itself to a safer operating culture. I do not dislike you or your ilk, but i will never sit idly by while SOME of your collegues pour scorn over the remainder of the aviation community, (particularly Virgin). They are not qualified nor entitled to do so.

MOR, we all know the value of SOP's and don't need to be lectured. The fact you think we do is quite remarkable. Have you ever worked outside you current airline or are you a career cadet from the 80's? If you have been around as you say, you would well know the benefit of a non punitive reporting culture, and the associated merits in relation to sound team building priciples. In EVERY case I have studied, a relaxed, friendly and co-operative culture is far safer and more efficient than the "I know everything, we do it this way because we are the best attitude".

We ALL know about following SOP's,we ALL know about following the taxi line, we ALL know about not busting minimums, we ALL know about maintaining a disciplined and professional approach to the despatch of our duties.

I have worked in a gestapo type outfit where the pole is inserted firmly into the anal cavity. It is outdated neanderthal thinking which has NO place in todays modern environment.

Don't you think we could all do well to put this monotonous, negative diatribe to bed. Robust discussions are great and we can all learn plenty. Lecturing about professioalism to other professional pilot's is in my opinion not required.

Last edited by Sperm Bank; 7th Oct 2004 at 09:09.