PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Boeing 737 grounded
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2004, 06:28
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When are some of you people going to wake up.

sperm bank

If you can't see where you are going, you stop and request a "follow me". Or do you just continue taxying blind? I mean, would you drive down the road if you couldn't see where you were going? Being unable to see is absolutely no excuse - you STOP.

The reason that most of us are NOT close to our first major stuff up, is that we don't taxi when we can't see, or follow the wrong lights, or not read the NOTAMs. This is called airmanship.

In all the airports around the world that I have operated into, in many different countries, green is standard taxiway centreline lighting and blue is edge lighting. This is ICAO standard from memory. The green is usually switchable at major airports, to show you which taxiway/exit/holding point to use. They should have known, or at the very least checked if they weren't sure, or even just read the taxi chart, which is where that information lives.

It may have been a Minties moment, but in many airlines it would be a demotion or a sacking, and it's hard to question the logic of that. Very funny, I'm sure...

I can only assume that some of you have no knowledge of airline ops, to come up with some of this nonsense.